Alas, I gave in to writing tradition of resolutions, forecasts and other whatnots as this brand new year is unfolding right in front of our noses and the smell of freshly laden hope is just too much to ignore, yes? While I was optimistic with the idea that I was born under the sign of Rabbit (1987) and the Chinese Lunar Calendar is paying tribute to it (or something like that) I know this boy won’t be oblivious to the crimes of the world and carrying myself still is the topmost task in my list.
Let me share with you some of my prophecies for this year 2011.
1. I would remain as this hot-single-bachelor-boy (I had to include the word “boy,” sorry)
2. I would have achieved a smokin’ body that all the guys and babes would be hot for thus;
3. I would go on travel A LOT to avoid the frenzy of my mounting admirers
Alright, I can see now that you’re moving your cursor to the unfollow button, haha. But really, don’t we all want to hear something like this instead of the usual warns of dooms and poofs?
Second, resolutions are good. Whether we’ll be able to stick on it or not, isn’t it just fun going back on it by the end of the year and check for ourselves what we’ve done and the things that we haven’t?
1. Be more organized. Solution to this is to buy a new cabinet or a decent bookshelf and a huge laundry bin so my room won’t be littered with newspapers, books, used underwears and porns.
2. Study more on film editing especially Avid and watch more art films
3. Attend firing lessons with my uncle and behave myself to create this image of mature-enough-to-own-a-gun-someday
4. Get serious in toning my body
5. PROTECT MY VIRGINITY FROM OPPORTUNISTIC SCHMUCKS
6. Lessen the cynicisms
Now I must admit all the above six would be as hard as my stiffy every morning. For one, burara talaga ko sa gamit ko at obvious na obvious yan pag sinilip mo ang bag ko dahil siguradong tatawag ka ng DTI representative dahil magulo pa siya sa tambiyolo.
On number two, I now have more problems with my attention span compared to my school days, so learning about it I know would be tough.
Third point, everybody knows I have a terrible temper with slight autism. But really, I wanna own a gun someday.
The problem with number four is that my friends and I would be merging on a single gym (clue: somewhere near GMA7) this year which means more distractions not to mention all the hot guys and girls in there. Whew!
Five, I don’t think I need to elaborate on it more. And six would be like telling Patrick the Starfish to go get an IQ test. So good luck to me!
New Year doesn’t mean new life coz we only have one neither that it’s a fresh start coz we’ve started all the way long before. Whether we like it or not there would always be the pasts that are once the present and are all attached to us. All we can do is just to deal with whatever shits that may hit the fan and absorb all the good things while they last.
New Year to me is new hope. It is hard, I know. But hoping, like I always say, is better than being optimistic. Optimism is to expect things to be better while hoping is the conviction that even if things didn’t turn out quite right, we stand anyway. That way happiness would be more graspable even if it is only by default –like mine.